Submit your request for a Do-it-Yourself (DIY) Laundry-to-Landscape Greywater Kit and start putting your laundry water to good use to grow fruit and shade trees at your home. Once we receive your request we will confirm your details, schedule a kit assembly training and pickup time (typically 2-3 weeks or less), and provide you with payment details.
In addition to the kit we will review:
- installation, routing, and diversion tips
- maintenance and troubleshooting tips
- benefits to you and the community
- resource links to DIY instructions, use and maintenance, and weblinks
Additional kit options to extend or customize your system will be available at cost of parts if needed. Please note that a kit may be returned as sold and refunded minus a $30 fee if your plans change.
If you are potentially interested in purchasing a L2L kit to take home please note the following costs:
- Base Kit - $ 150.00 - Includes a basic starter kit of parts common to all options including 1" tubing, connectors, and fasteners.
Then choose diversion options if you need plumbing parts for the diversion plumbing at the laundry machine:
- Basic Diversion, Add $ 42.00 - Includes anti-siphon and plumbing fittings, but does not include 3-way diversion valve
- Master Diversion, Add $ 116.00 - Includes basic diversion parts, 3-way diversion valve, and additional fittings for the valve [Note: Professional graywater plumbers should provide all diversion parts required so you may not need these parts if you choose to hire a plumber]
Then once you have diverted your greywater you may choose how to distribute the greywater in your landscape:
- Basic Distribution, Add $ 0.00 - this is a frugal but effective distribution system that does not need additional parts
- Master Distribution, Add $ 45.00 - this system provides for six outlets that are fully adjustable. An additional 1-4 outlets may be purchased if needed at cost of parts for up to 10 outlets total.
If you are a Tucson Water or Metro Water customer you may be eligible for a rebate for these costs.