Sending washing machine water to your landscape is one of the easiest ways to repurpose used water in your household. With some simple plumbing modifications, you can save thousands of gallons of water a year in irrigation and grow your favorite trees, shrubs, or native edible plants with recycled water!
If you want to install your own laundry greywater system, we can get you started with a simple kit that provides all the parts you need. This low-cost system is simple to install, easy to adjust, and no plumber is needed. If you need a little extra help, WMG offers free quarterly classes on how to install the L2L kit!
Here are some steps to get you started:
- Plan for your laundry-to-landscape system: Locate your washing machine and pick the plants or parts of your landscape you want to irrigate.
- Create a plan to route pipes from your laundry room to your landscape.
- Purchase the Laundry-2-Landscape Kit by completing the form below.
Need Extra Help?
- WMG offers free quarterly classes on how to install the L2L kit and guidelines for greywater use.
- You can schedule a Specialist Visit at your home with a WMG staff expert for guidance and assistance with specific aspects of the laundry-to-landscape system installation, like core drilling your wall.
What Makes Up a Laundry-To-Landscape Kit?
There are two parts to our L2L kits: The diversion portion of the kit connects directly to your washing machine and allows you to choose between sending your laundry water to the sewer or your landscape. These kits primarily consist of one-inch schedule 40 pvc with components that make the system easy to install, use, and maintain.
Once you have diverted the water away from your sewer and towards your landscape, the distribution portion of the kit allows you to irrigate specific plants or parts of your landscape. The flow can be split into up to eight different pipes to distribute greywater around your garden. The kit consists of one-inch poly tubing with up to eight half-inch emitters, ball valves, and fittings.
If you’re interested in having your L2L kit shipped to you, please contact us at 520-396-3266 x3. Some parts of our kit are not able to be shipped at a reasonable rate. Thank you for your interest in saving water with a laundry-to-landscape system!
Request an L2L Kit