For Immediate Release
Contact: Chloe Loos, Communications Associate, email@example.com
Virtual Water Harvesting Workshops offered through Steward in Place
To adapt to COVID-19 and social distancing needs, Watershed Management Group has launched its “Steward in Place” initiative, an online movement filled with virtual classes, workshops, events, and how-to videos to provide the inspiration and resources to accomplish at-home projects. To adhere to recommended health guidelines while continuing to provide resources and learning opportunities, all scheduled events throughout the month of May have been adapted to a virtual format. T
he virtual platform (Watershedmg.org/StewardinPlace) is updated regularly with new educational videos and events. These virtual offerings—all free or at a low cost—cover a variety of topics to help Tucsonans conserve and harvest water, grow food, create native habitat, and turn waste into resources at home.
The events for May include:
• How to Care for Rain Gardens: Saturday, 05/09/2020 - 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
• Irrigating with Cisterns: Planning and Design for Gravity Based Distribution: Tuesday, 05/12/2020 - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
• Irrigating with Cisterns: Planning and Design for Pump Based Distribution Irrigation Systems: Wednesday, 05/20/2020 - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
• Greywater Harvesting Class (Tucson Water rebate qualifier): Thursday, 05/21/2020 - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
• How to Maintain and Prolong the Life of Your Rain Tank: Saturday, 05/23/2020 - 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
• How to Install a Laundry-to-Landscape Greywater System: Wednesday, 05/27/2020 - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
• Rainwater Harvesting Class (Tucson Water rebate qualifier): Thursday, 05/28/2020 - 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
To learn more and register for these events visit Watershedmg.org/StewardInPlace or call 520-396-3266.