The WMG Water Harvesting Design Certification program is designed for professionals, educators, and community organizers seeking comprehensive instruction in water harvesting systems design and construction. The program offers a unique combination of hands-on and classroom instruction that provides participants with a thorough, on-the-ground understanding of the core practices in this increasingly popular field. Our program provides the highest quality and greatest depth of training in integrative water harvesting offered in the nation.
The course teaches site assessment, design, and installation of:
- Rainwater harvesting earthworks for native landscapes and food production systems
- Greywater systems, gravity-based and laundry systems
- Roof-top rainwater catchment - rain tanks
The course educational sessions includes:
- Lectures and educational activities on each major topic
- Hands-on assessments at the sites where projects will be implemented
- Training workshops where participants learn by constructing water harvesting systems at public, residential, or commercial sites
- Reading and homework assignments to solidify knowledge gained in the hands-on workshops
- Final exam to earn certification
General course schedule:
- Sunday, March 3, 4pm-6pm
- Monday, March 4 - Saturday, March 9, 8am-5pm (slight variations day-to-day)
- Sunday, March 10 - 10am-4:30pm
- Instructions for registering:
1) Are you requesting a scholarship (available on a limited basis based on need)? If yes, please click here to submit a scholarship application form. We will review your application. Following our review we will provide a scholarship offer and registration payment processing options.
2) If you are not requesting a scholarship please click on the registration button below. A deposit of at least $400 is required to secure your place in the course. The course fee may be paid in full online, sent by check within 2 weeks of your application, or paid in 3 installments (must be paid in full at least 2 weeks prior to course start). Course registrants will be reimbursed (less $100) on cancellation up to 30 days before the course start date. No reimbursement will be paid within 30 days of the start date of the course.
3) Following receipt of payment for the course we will provide you with course preparation materials.