Make the most of your precious water resources! During this virtual field studies class, you will learn the fundamentals of planning and installing simple gravity-based irrigation systems for your rain tank.
- Choosing irrigation timers
- Designing irrigation drip systems
- Differences in pressure between rain tanks and your water provider
- Basic irrigation principles, and
- Planning and installation best practices.
Understanding proper irrigation set up for efficiency and convenience ensures that you use your most precious resource wisely. There will be a fully online presentation with multiple opportunities for Q&A throughout and at the end. If you are also interested in pump-based systems, please be sure to also register for the pump-based systems class.
To eliminate access barriers to our educational offerings, we invite everyone to participate regardless of your ability to pay. If you have the means, please consider supporting our educational programming through making a donation so we can continue to reach as many folks as possible.
This virtual field studies class has been pre-approved for:
- 1.5 Professional Development Hours through the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System (LA CES)
- 1 Continuing Education Credit through the Association of State Floodplain Managers' Certification Program (ASFPM CFM)