Help WMG raise $90,000 to enable the American Beavers' big comeback in Southern Arizona! In WMG’s ambitious river restoration work, our next big and bold solution is to partner with beavers to restore our creeks and recharge our aquifers
Did you know that the Bureau of Land Management is in the planning stages to reintroduce beavers into Las Ciénegas National Conservation Area in 2020? WMG is helping pave the way for the long-term success of the American Beavers in the Santa Cruz Watershed, and we need your help!
Through our Release the Beavers campaign, our goal is to raise $90,000 by the end of September to support our watershed education and river restoration programs. Thanks to two loyal donors, we have a matching fund of $30,000, so when you donate today your gift will be doubled!
In this video, our River Restoration Biologist Trevor Hare is literally standing in the pristine pools where the beaver will be reintroduced in Ciénega Creek, one of the remaining perennial creeks in Southern Arizona. You’ll be amazed by the beauty of this creek that feeds into our greater river system from the Pantano to the Rillito to the Santa Cruz River.
Beaver mania has begun! Our ground-breaking campaign is already capturing media attention with a story in last Sunday’s Arizona Daily Star. Get in on the action at our Beavers, Brews, and Santa Cruz event on September 27. This Friday night event includes a screening of The Beaver Believers documentary, a panel of local beaver experts, craft brew with Pueblo Vida, and Fiamme Pizza’s food truck
Please make a donation today to support our Release the Beaver campaign! Your donation funds essential educational efforts and restoration work:
- $50 supports educational creek walks and clean-ups
- $100 funds hands-on river education with school groups
- $250 supports restoration projects along Ciénega creek to stop erosion and restore habitat suitable to beavers and other riparian species
- $500 supports watershed planning efforts to ensure we restore critical habitat for future beaver populations
- $1,000 supports work with policy makers and agency partners to ensure beavers can successfully be reintroduced
Release the beavers!